Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My little Maggie May...
















This week I decided to tell you all about my little doggie. All my life I have grown up with big dogs...I had a collie growing up and an australian shephard...but I always said I would never own a little dog. I had been around little dogs and just felt the were too high strung and always yapped and basically were little ankle biters....(just being honest). Well my dad and his wife got a mini dachshund and I just loved her. So, after a few years went by, I met my husband and he already had a Blue Heeler when I met him and she was awesome...she was one of the smartest dogs I have ever seen. A few months after we got married a rescue dog kinda got thrown off to me that we ended up keeping, and he is a pit-bull mix. Well around Christmas time two years ago I was kinda just browsing on the internet looking at little mini dachshunds and showed my husband and his quote was 'NO way...I will never own a weiner dog!'. But after a few weeks of pouting...(yes, I said pouting...try it sometime girls...you never know when it may work...lol) he gave in. Two days before Christmas, I brought home this teenie tiny little weiner dog...I swear she was smaller than a rat. =) Now she is two years old and honestly I feel I could not live without her. My husband and I can't have any kids together, because I have my tubes tied, so this little girl is like our baby. And as far as my husband goes...the one that said "NO way!" He is so in live with her. He often tells me that if I ever leave him, HE gets Maggie...haha. If any of you ever consider getting a dog, and don't know what kind to get, I highly recommend a mini dachshund. They are such great companions. I don't care how bad your day has been, the second you walk in the door and are greated the way these little dogs great you...your troubles are forgotten. They are the sweetest, most loyal dog I have ever had. They are excellant with children and if you get a short haired one, like mine, they shed very little. I wouldn't trade my Maggie May for the world...=)

1 comment:

  1. This was a wonderful post, Jennifer! I loved reading it. I will definitely consider a mini daschund if/when we get a dog! OUr babysitterhas two and they are great w/ kids!!

    ReplyDelete